Once entries have been submitted for a meet into the MKD Web Entry System, those entries can be exported for the Web Entry System and imported into Meet Keeper - Diving. Entries can be exported at any time and imported into Meet Keeper - Diving numerous times. In fact, it is suggested that the entries be imported into Meet Keeper - Diving in case something happens to the Web Entry System. If entries can not be retrieved from the Web Entry System, at least some of the entries that were retrieved from the web system and imported into Meet Keeper - Diving will be there and will not have to be entered manually. Those entries that would not have been retrieved from the Web Entry System, for whatever reason, will have to be added to the meet database manually. The more frequently entries are exported from the Web Entry System and imported into Meet Keeper - Diving, the fewer entries will have to be entered manually should any problems arise on the web. Problems that could arise, but are not limited to, are your internet service connection could be interrupted or the web entry system web site could go down.
Only the login ID that was used to upload the meet into the Web Entry System initially will have meet administrator capabilities available which includes exporting the entries so they can be transferred to Meet Keeper - Diving.
To export the entries from the Web Entry System:
- Log into the MKD Web Entry System (click here for help on logging into the MKD Web Entry System.)
- Select your meet from the list of meets in the Web Entry System. Click on your meet to highlight it. Enter any password that was specified in order to open the meet. Click on Continue to open your meet.
- The Web Entry Main Screen with Meet Administrator functionality will open. Move the cursor over the Main Menu option labelled Meet. The dropdown box under this option will display. Move the cursor over the option for "Generate Entry File for Meet Keeper - Diving 1.1/3.0".
- Click on this option to download the entries from the Web Entry System onto your computer so the entries can be imported into Meet Keeper - Diving. If your computer is using MS Windows 7, the file will automatically be downloaded onto your computer and stored in the Downloads folder. If your computer is using MS Windows Vista or earlier, the computer will go into the "Save As" mode displaying a window that will allow the place (folder) where the file will be stored to be selected. Navigate to My Documents/OmadaTrak/Meet Keeper - Files and any other folder that is in this default folder that might have been created to store meet database files (it is suggested you store this entry file in the same folder where your meet database is stored. If you created a new folder under the Meet Keeper - Diving Files folder, we suggest you store this entry file there also). Click Save and the entry file will be saved on your computer.
- It is possible to move the entry file just downloaded from the Web Entry System to another folder make it easier to save the file for long term archiving. Remember, it is possible to download entries during the submission period in the Web Entry System. When the entries are downloaded to your computer, the file name will be the same each time. So subsequent downloads will overwrite the previous copy of the file. Moving the entry file to a normal folder for documents is strongly suggested. It makes sense to move the entry file to the My Documents/OmadaTrak/Meet Keeper - Files folder where your meet databases are normally stored. If it makes sense to create a new folder under the Meet Keeper - Diving Files folder that could contain only these entry files, that can be done. Wherever, the entry file is stored, it is necessary to remember the folder so it can be found when it is time to import the entries into the Meet Keeper - Diving meet database
Importing your file into Meet Keeper
- Open the event you are working with in Meet Keeper.
- Select File / Import Data
- Select the file you wish to import
- Once you select the file, it will match the events that are already in your database with those in the import file.
- Select next
- This will show you the athletes in your import file and try matching to any athletes you already have in your meet data file.
- Click "Save Imported Data"
- Once data has been processed, click "Finish".
Your data has now been imported from the Meet Keeper Web Entry System.